2/13/15

Friday the 13th - lucky or not?

 
 
 
Today is Friday the 13th. I know that's a bad thing to some. In my experience, I have always had pretty good luck on the 13th. Can I recall any specific stories to share with you? Um, no. That's the old lady brain there for ya. I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for dinner yesterday (...or can I?)
 
Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to post a few Friday the 13th tidbits for you -
 
 
Friggatriskaidekaphobia is when someone is afraid of Friday the 13th. Nearly 20 million Americans are affected by friggatriskaidekaphobia. It’s also called paraskavedekatriaphobia. Being afraid of No. 13 is called triskaidekaphobia. Say those words three times fast.
 
There is at least one Friday the 13th in every year, and at the most there are three. In 2015, there will be three - in February, March and October.
 
President Franklin D. Roosevelt would never have a 13th guest at a meal, nor would he travel on the 13th day of any month.
 
The number 13 is considered lucky by Italians. I'm not Italian.
 
 
And finally, here's a little Friday the 13th humor:
 
Roger left for work on Friday 13th morning. Friday was payday, so instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend partying with the boys and spending his entire paycheck.
Finally, Roger appeared at home on Sunday night, and obviously he was confronted by his angry wife, Martha, who castigated Roger for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions.  Finally, Martha stopped the nagging and said to Roger, 'How would you like it if you didn't see me for two or three days?'
Roger replied grimly, 'That would be fine with me.'
Monday went by and he didn't see his Martha. Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results.
On Thursday, the swelling went down just enough so that Roger he could see Martha a little out of the corner of his left eye.
 
So how does the 13th treat you? I'd love to hear! And happy Friday the 13th to you!
 
 photo post-sig4.png

0 comments: