1/17/13

Girl Boy Girl Designs


Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days - I'm on week 2 of bronchitis and a second round of antibiotics and it's all just been kicking my butt!

BUT, I had a couple of days over the weekend in which I didn't feel like sleeping 20 out of 24 hours so I squeezed in a little crafting. I am joining the team for Girl Boy Girl Designs and I am so excited to play along because Jen has the cutest templates that can be cut on my new Cameo!! (Oh, or any other cutting machine - the Cameo just happens to be what I have but you can use these templates with other systems as well).

This is my first project using the Pretty Purse template -



Isn't it the sweetest thing? And it's the perfect size for a gift card (or other small goodies). I used a piece of heavy double-sided printed paper to create the base of the purse and a pretty pink cardstock for the flap and handle. To dress it up a bit, I embossed the pink sections using an impression plate from Papertrey Ink. Here is a little close up so you can see some of the detail:



 I love that added texture! The closure is decorated with a hand-cut felt heart and a big button, threaded with some skinny white ribbon. Might be the perfect Valentine packaging! And easy? The template was so easy to cut and assemble. Be sure to check out the shop and pick up a couple templates for yourself. I'll be back to share more from Girl Boy Girl Designs soon~~

0 comments: