1/19/12

Make it Monday - Papertrey Ink

The Make It Monday project from Papertrey Ink this week features a technique called Ghost Masking. I thought it was a pretty cool idea so wanted to try my hand it at. But this was the card that almost wasn't because I just couldn't decide which stamps would work best! I finally settled on this:


I used a few stamp sets including Spots and Dots, Mat Stack 2 and Fruitful. I stamped the frame image from Mat Stack 2 onto my card front and surrounded it with peaches and strawberries as well as the dot border. The peaches were rolled in a second darker ink for that two-tone effect. After I had all of the masking/stamping done, I finished up the stamping with the "made with love" sentiment circle and "Jelly" (from Friendship Jar) stamped in the center of the frame.

Here's a close-up of the technique area:



The bottom border on the card was created from two strips of cardstock die cut with the Simple Circles border die. The circles were then arranged so both the pink and the orange rows could be seen. I'm pretty sure these colors are Raspberry Fizz and Orange Zest.

I am pretty happy with the results and might try this technique again! Thanks Papertrey (and Betsy!) for the great idea!

Photobucket

0 comments: