1/23/12

Inspiration challenge at H2H

This week at H2H, we're getting our artwork inspiration from the following photo:


Take a look - what inspires you from the photo? The colors? The tags, the crystals, the leaves? I took my cue from the tags and the cork-looking background to create a Valentine's card:


I started with a piece of a kraft cardstock and I sponged a little Brown Bag, Chocolate and White Daisy inks all over it to give the piece some "texture". I then created a couple of simple tags. The ones with the letters I and U were made by first cutting the letters using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and then cutting the cardstock around the letters into strips that could be turned into a banner type tag. The tag in the center with the heart was a purchased tag that I simply added the heart to (also cut with Cricut - once sized at 2 1/4 in Cranberry cardstock for the mat and again at 2" in cream, which was then stamped with the heart image in Cranberry).

I added some baker's twine to the center tag and a few red sparkles finishes up my card. Easy but effective and now I have one card ready for Feb. 14th!

I hope you'll join us at Heart 2 Heart and play along with our inspiration photo. Just be sure to have Close To My Heart products on hand!

Have a good week! I'll be back again soon!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Carla said...

Mary, what a great idea! I LOVE your tags, the way you placed them for the title, the heart on the middle and well , I just love all of it! I will be scraplifting! :)