11/28/10

Things that Move!

At the Corrosive Challenge blog we are xreated things that move this week. This can be a card that includes movement of some kind or using an image that suggests movement, like a vehicle. I decided to add a little movement to the card itself and I started with an image from our sponsor, Shirley's 2 Girls.

Here's the finished card and some details on the movement:


Ah that sentiment has been my motto all weekend! Not good for the diet but who can resist all that yummy Thanksgiving food?! Anyhow, back to the card. The adorable image is a digi from S2G that I altered slightly before I printed. I put the image in Photoshop and removed the cat's tail! Then I printed the whole piece and printed a piece that included only the tail. It was a pretty easy process and this gave me the components I needed to create a little movement.

After coloring the image (and separate tail) I used a swivel knife to cut a line right along the top edge of kitty's butt. Then I slipped the tail into this cut and attached the tail section to the cat by inserting a brad in kitty's nose that also goes through a section of cardstock that I left connected to the tail in order to make the piece long enough to reach the nose. Now the tail can be moved back and forth, like the kitty is wagging his tail!

Here are a few pictures of the tail in various positions so you can get a sense of the movement:



Hopefully you can see how the tail moves from left to right. I know this cat has a bit of a big nose now and would have worked better with a bitty brad but I could not find a single one in my stash so kitty has to live with a big schnozz :)

We would love it if you would play along with us at Corrosive and show us your "moving" artwork! And check out what the rest of the DT created as well!

Until next time, I hope you will pop by Ridiculous Lab for my holiday weekend wrap-up post!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Krista said...

brilliant idea Mary! I'd've never thought of it but it's so stinkin' cute!