11/29/10

H2H Sketch Week

I love sketch week - makes creating a breeze! And that's what I needed after a busy weekend!!

Here's the sketch we are working with at Heart 2 Heart Challenges this week:

And here is my card - another for my growing Christmas card stash :


I have just a few Big Ideas to share with you this week - hope they help you the next time you're creating!

* Use sentiments as a border by lining them up on your acrylic block and stamping away! In this card, I used a sentiment border stamp that had all the words on it but the same effect can be acheived with separate sentiment stamps all used together.

* Focus on a portion of an image rather than the entire thing. The snowman on this card is only about 1/2 the man he could be! LOL I also stamped his hat and scarf separately so I could add those pieces and they would overhang the edges and add some dimension to the card.

* Want your card base to be red but the inside of the card to be white? Any time I use a color for the base of my card, I adhere it to a white card. Using a colored cardstock for the entire card makes writing a message inside sometimes difficult. And cardstock is relatively inexpensive so for a clean, professional look, go with white (or cream) as your base.

That's all for me - time to get ready for a new work week...Ugghh. Come play along with us at H2H!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Happy walker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.