8/4/14

And now for another card and local news

Last time I posted, someone very special in my life was celebrating his birthday. I think he had a pretty good day - one of his favorite breakfasts, dinner at Red Robin and Guardians of the Galaxy! Oh and this card:



The background is embossed with a new folder from We R Memory Keepers (I know it's hard to see - they're pennants) and then I simply added the sentiment and the die cut numbers (from Papertrey Ink) and voila - a card for a wonderful son!

Luckily, his birthday was on Friday because Saturday morning we woke up to a water advisory. No drinking water, no showering, no washing dishes, boiling only makes the water worse....yeah, it wasn't fun here all weekend. Not that it was impossible but it just took more thinking power about things like "what can I cook that doesn't require water" and "how do I clean the dishes that are already used and need to be washed"? All restaurants were closed as were many other places and the likelihood of celebrating a birthday during a water advisory would have been greatly impacted. So we definitely got our party on just in the nick of time!

And now we have water again. And I'm off to run the dishwasher. See you soon!
 photo post-sig4.png

0 comments: