11/20/13

Peace

Before I get to the crafty part of this post, I wanted to share a little story about how my own selfishness caused me to destroy a Tupperware bowl.

I LOVE homemade tapioca pudding. I know some people are not a fan but I have loved it since I was a kid. I don't make it often because it requires a serious time commitment to cook - at least an hour of nothing but constantly stirring while the pudding is cooking. Commitment, I tell ya! So after I put in all that work, I am so glad my hubby and son don't like the end results and the entire bowl is all mine. Unless my daughter finds out. She loves it as much as I do. So I have a very bad habit of hiding any evidence that there is a bowl of it in the house. I know, shame on me. Well, this time, that little practice came back to bite me.

I knew she was coming over the other day and I had just finished the last of a bowl of thick, creamy, wonderful tapioca pudding. I didn't want to hurt her feelings that I had made some and didn't send any her way so I hid the empty bowl in the oven. Yeah, you know where this is going now, don't you? Today, I preheated the oven in order to bake some french fries when this smell of burning plastic hits my nose. Yep, a Tupperware bowl no less, melted almost beyond recognition.


That misshapen thing used to be one of my favorite bowls! Gone into the garbage now, all because I didn't share. Lesson learned - or is it?

Anyhow, here's another Christmas card I created recently:


Made with a newer set from Papertrey Ink: City Scene. I am always intrigued by little buildings and different scenes I can put together so I think this will be a really fun set to play with (matching dies too!) The letters for peace were die cut, although I think next time I would use a scribey type font and emboss it on the card - I think these letters are a bit too chunky. But overall, I love the simplicity and the cool images. Watch for another City Scene card soon!

Enjoy the end of the week and the weekend! Anyone planning on seeing Catching Fire this weekend??  Me!!

 photo post-sig4.png

0 comments: