3/8/13

A little home decor project

I've been doing a little updating/redecorating around the house the past few weeks and I picked up a little frame at Michael's that I thought would be perfect in my living room. But then I got it home and had no idea what to put in it. Not because I don't have photos - God knows I have plenty of those! - but I also have a number of photos already displayed in my house and did I really need another? Um, no.

So I turned the frame into the base for a simple craft project. First the results and then the details:


Not the greatest photo - I took this last night with a flash so it's not the most accurate. Here's another photo without the flash - also not the best photo but you get the idea:


So my little coppery colored frame had a 4x4 opening. I knew I wanted a little word art centered around "family" so I went online and googled Word Cloud and ended up at Word It Out. There I added all the words I wanted included and was even able to choose word colors, fonts, sizes, and a variety of layouts with my chosen words. Once I had an arragnement of words I liked, I simply right clicked on the image and printed on my home printer, using a heavier paper than basic printer paper. I cut my word cloud image down to make a nice sized "almost" square image and then mounted it on a very thin coppery colored paper and then onto a navy cardstock (some of my words are also navy). I removed the glass from the frame and slipped in the finished piece and then mounted a flower to the corner with foam tape. That's it. An easily altered piece of home decor.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon with some more artwork and a catch up on my crazy week...


 photo myname.png

0 comments: