2/7/13

National Cherry Month


Well, January turned out to be the sick month for me and now I'm bound and determined to make February the blog month. Meaning I will hopefully be blogging a lot to make up for all the blogging I didn't do last month. I spent last month coughing.

Today it's Pretty Palette challenge day once again. Here is the palette we're working with:


I really focused on the celery and red colors (and was thinking about the last piece of cherry crumb pie we had in the house) so this card was born:


For a change from my ordinary card-making routine, I colored the image with colored pencils this time rather than Copics. And as I couldn't find a scrap of cardstock to match any of the stripe colors in the patterned paper, I decided to mat with white. It's hard to see in the photo but the image, printed on white, is also matted on a different shape of white. Added a nice touch of dimension without being overwhelming. I think I should have included a sentiment of some sort on the front but couldn't decide what I wanted it to say so for now, it's blank until I go to mail it out - then I will add a little something like "life is a bowl of cherries" or "wishing you a great birthday with a cherry on top".

Anyhow, I hope you'll pop over to the Pretty Palette challenge and check out my teammates' great samples and then play along with us! I think these colors would be great for Valentine's Day too and that's just around the corner!!

I'll be back soon with more goodies to share. Have a great day!

 photo myname.png

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Love it, your cherries look scrummy. x