10/25/12

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

It's that time of the month again - no, not that time! Time for Papertrey Ink's monthly blog hop!

The theme this month was to use more untraditional color combos and create something for the holidays. I took my cue from this color comnbo and the image:

 
And here's my card:


(Sorry - the lighting is awful on this photo!) I used the Soft Stone cardstock and impressed it with the new Striped Sweater impression plate. I also used the Striped Sweater stamp set to add the lines of Aqua Mist "knit" to the background (yes, I cut my stamps so I have a single row. I am fearless with acrylic stamps! LOL) The sentiment is from the Happiest of Holidays set and the mittens are from the Winter Swirls set and they are hanging from some white shimmery thread I wrapped around the card. The whole thing is mounted to an Ocean Tides base and then on to a white card.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy hopping!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

Mary this is beautiful , love the wonderful background you have created. I have been having trouble with my photos as well. But I can tell your card is beautiful.

Rhonda said...

Love the mittens paired with the new knit items.

Tracey McNeely said...

Mary your card is lovely, the mittens are so cute.

Nancy Penir said...

Mary, the impressions are so warm and lovely. Sweet card.
I think taking a good picture is the hardest part of blogging! I'm never satisfied with my photos.

Cecilie said...

What a cute card - very wintery and cozy.

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a lovely card. I love the impression plate use.

Nancy said...

Love your warm and cosy design!

Joyce said...

Mittens and sweaters--what a wonderful combination.

Jacquie Southas said...

The cozy sentiment is perfect with the striped sweater& mittens!

Unknown said...

This card makes me want to sit in front of the fire and knit...well, if I knew how to knit, anyway, lol... Thanks for sharing this sweet card, love those cute little mittens!

Greta said...

Cute card--love the look of that impression plate here!

victoria h said...

A wonderfully cosy card.