9/6/12

MTME Pretty Palette

It's time for another color challenge with the Pretty Palette team. Be sure to stop by and see what all the designers created this week and welcome the new members to the team!

Our colors this week are Melon, Blue and Lime:


I started with a digital image that I colored in Photoshop but when I printed it, the colors didn't turn out right. Something is up with my printer and/or Photoshop settings - I just haven't determined what the problem is yet!

So I went with a different plan.


I used strips of each color in the palette cut to fit my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. I then stamped in black ink the large flower from the Bee-Loved set. Using a sponge dauber, I added just a light touch of white ink to each flower's center. The Thank You sentiment is from the Just for You set. I cut the sentiment out using a Nestabilities die and then cut the top edge of the piece off so it didn't have the "bump out" like the bottom edge has.

All in all, a simple - and flat (a.k.a. easy to mail) - card heading to my stash. Have a great day and be sure to see what everyone else created over on the Pretty Palette's team!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Loving the strips of colour, your card really stands out. x

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love the simplicity of your design and how you stamped across the three sections. Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to stamp the flower on three different colours. Sometimes the results of things not going according to plan work out just fine!