6/19/12

Another day

I know I promised to post my strawberry pie recipe and I haven't forgotten but as I am finding a little spare time while I'm at work, I thought I'd blog now rather than later and the recipe is not at work. Because that wouldn't make any sense to have my recipes at my place of employment. Unless I'm a cook. Or a chef. And I'm neither.

I am, technically, an administrative assistant, which is a nice way of saying I'm the office grunt. But truthfully, I don't really grunt much while I'm at work. At least not so people can hear me. I handle the billing and utility calls for the relocation/foreclosure properties handled by our company. So when I tell you I work for a real estate company, I can't tell you how sales are or how much your house is worth. I'm not an agent. Just a grunt.

I work part-time which frankly is more than enough as I also spend a good portion of my days being my son's administrative assistant. In this case, that's a nice way of saying I'm his personal homework helper, maid, cook, housekeeper, transportation coordinator and butt wiper. It's a hard job taking care of a disabled 23 year old but I wouldn't trade that job for anything. Although, the older I get, the more I am realizing that physically I can't keep up with this "job" forever. But that's a problem I will deal with another day.

For today, I am going to wrap it up here at the office, pick my son up from school, grab a fast food lunch and then take an afternoon nap. That's not all bad for a day's work.

See you tomorrow with that pie recipe -

Photobucket

0 comments: