5/13/12

Pretty Palette and Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I have a couple more Mother's Day cards to share with you - the first one was designed with the colors from the Pretty Palette challenge for the week:


I used the Spring in Bloom digi set from My Time Made Easy and colored the images in Photoshop. I love doing this because you can really get a great color match this way! The flower image is actually two images with one layered over the other so give a two tone and somewhat more dimensional look to the flower. The butterfly was also colored in Photoshop and then everything was printed on white cardstock using my inkjet printer with the quality set to "best".

I cut the flower using a circle Nestabilities die and hand cut the butterfly. The kraft mat was impressed with an impression plate and white ink was sponged along the edges of this piece as well as the card base. Layered on some papers to match the color theme, adhered the vellum sentiment piece with a couple of brads, added a ribbon that worked perefectly into the palette and another card ready to deliver today!

The last Mother's Day card I created is the one I gave my Mom yesterday:


I was still in the kraft, orange and teal/aqua color mood so I went with that to create this card. If you look closely, the bottom patterned area is actually three scalloped rows of paper. The frame and flower images are from Papertrey Ink, the crocheted lace trim is the last piece from my stash - time to replenish! One of the things my Mom asked for as a Mother's Day gift is a peony so I went with a peony image on her card. I love how stamping allows you to personalize like that! And fortunately, her peony survived the dog demolition that occured yesterday! The plant I bought for myself was not so lucky! You can read about it over at Ridiculous Lab.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!


Photobucket

0 comments: