8/8/10

Sketch week at Corrosive

This week we are working with a sketch at Corrosive Challenges - one of my favorite things to do! Here's the sketch and my sample:



The image I used is from Paper Makeup Stamps, our sponsor for this month's challenges. I don't know why but when I saw this image I thought of the 70's so my colors are inspired by that - bright and maybe a little "flower child". Although that might be more the 60's but at any rate....  Here's a Big Idea for this card - and it's a Photoshop tip:

* I was having trouble coloring this image - for some reason, the ink from my printer was smearing a bit which almost never happens. So I decided to color the digi image right in Photoshop and then print it completely colored. I chose the colors I wanted for the hair sections and used the paintbucket to "fill" each section. Then to give the hair some texture, I chose a pattern (this option will be available with the paintbucket) and set the opacity very low - to 13% - and then filled each section again. I think the pattern I used on this particular card is Wax Crayon. By setting the opacity really low, you are not adding much color (patterns are mostly greyscale) but you will see a texture appear on your image. Click the picture to see a larger version where you can see the texture better.

That's it for me today. I hope you will join us at Corrosive Challenges this week and try your hand at our sketch - and maybe at a little Photoshopping too! Have a wonderful Sunday!


Photobucket

0 comments: