7/12/10

H2H goes ABC

This week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we are creating projects that are Anything But a Card (ABC). I have to admit, it took me the longest time to decide what to make but once I had an idea, it all came together pretty quickly.


My daughter and son-in-law just purchased their 1st home and closed about 2 weeks ago. They got the keys at closing and they have been busy as bees since, painting and cleaning and getting ready to move. I love that they only live a few blocks from me (and no, I am not like the Mother-in-law from Everyone Loves Raymond!) But once they have children, watch out!  LOL

I had this unfinished frame in my stash for the longest time so I altered it with paper from the Emporium paper pack from Close To My Heart by Mod-Podging the paper to it. The inside frame edges are "lined" with a cream colored twill ribbon and the outside edges are also trimmed with a wider version of the same twill. I then printed a photo of the front of their new house, framed it and inserted it and stamped the word HOME (using a button for the "O") and matted that and inserted it into the smaller opening on the frame.

For the flower, I die cut 3 circles and scissor distressed the edges. I rolled the circles around a paint brush handle so I could get some curve to the flower. I stacked the circles a little off center and adhered them all together and tied a button in the center. The leaves are made from more of the twill ribbon and everything is adhered in place with a combination of Scor-tape and foam tape. That flower is going nowhere!

Here's a close-up of the flower:

I hope you will join us this week and create an ABC project! We have a fabulous prize up for grabs to one participant and this week, not only are there awesome projects from the whole Design Team, but our Guest DT for July is playing along too so be sure to check out all the incredible artwork at the challenge blog. Then post your own - we love to see what you create!

See you again soon!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this, Mary!

peggysue said...

Very cool! Neat flower you made for it.

Katy said...

Another altered frame (LOVE 'em!!!). Love the button for the "o" in "home"...cute! Sometimes I wish I wasn't crafty so people would make me stuff like this instead of "assuming" that I'll make my own...lol.

The Closet Crafter said...

What a great frame! Your flower is so cute and simple...just what I like!