7/18/10

Cartoon Time

Do you remember Saturday morning as a kid, when you could spend the entire morning sitting in front of the TV, watching hours of actually funny cartoons? My kids are too old for that but a few times when I have been looking through channels or whatnot on a Saturday morning, it certainly isn't like it used to be. A lot of "serious" cartoons, little sitcoms for kids...not the fun stuff like Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry. I miss those Saturday mornings sometimes. Thank goodness for Boomerang.

One cartoon that my son regularly watches is Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. Because he IS the ultimate Star Wars geek. Don't believe me? Be sure to check out my post over at Ridiculous Lab today. You'll see what I mean.

Anyhow, his Birthday is in a few short weeks, and as this week's challenge at Corrosive Challenges by Janet is all about Cartoon Characters, I summoned the Force and created a card for him with his favorite Star Wars character, Yoda:


I kept the card pretty simple and let Yoda take center stage, as he should. The paper is Star Wars paper I found at Scrapbook.com and the image itself came from this website: Star Wars Coloring Pages. I colored him with Copic markers and the 2 star paper clips added a little embellishment to the finish off the card.

Here are a couple of Big Ideas for this week:

* Don't have the right sentiment in stamps to use with your card? Computer generate!
* Check your local office supply store for great items you can use as embellishments. These stars are paperclips purchased at an office place.
* Create a simple border around your image by leaving it in the Nesties die after cutting and drawing a line around the inner edge of the die. Quick and easy!

So I hope you will play along with us at Corrosive this week and create something featuring a cartoon character. If you don't own a stamp that works, check the internet for digital images. There are a lot of free ones out there! Be sure to come back tomorrow and see what's cooking with the next H2H challenge!

P.S. - I have been known to do a wicked impression of Yoda. (Who also sounds a lot like Fozzie Bear...hehehe). Have a good one!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Very cool card! I've been known to whip out a Yoda impression on occasion! LOL