5/10/10

A technique Heart 2 Heart challenge

This week over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog, we are looking for your best technique. Do you like distressing? Embossing? Maybe a little polished stone? Well let's see it!

Here is my card for the challenge using one of my favoritest techniques - paper piecing!

Oh yes, I {heart} me some paper piecing! As much as I love coloring, sometimes I want to paper to be the centerpiece. This is a fairly simple card that shows off paper piecing quite well. All you need is a stamp with open areas so your paper will be the focus. Of course, you could use images that are solid when stamped and then you could cut apart the image and reassemble it to create a new look but I prefer this technique with patterned paper.

This is paper from the lovely Topstitch paper pack and my stamps are from the Springtime set as well as the Express Postage set (sentiment). I stamped the umbrella twice with Chocolate ink onto the patterned paper, cut the pieces out and reassembled them onto the card front, mounting the umbrella on foam tape for dimension. I also cut out some small flowers from one of the papers in the pack to fill the umbrella with and a few of these are also adhered with foam tape for dimension. A luscious pink satin ribbon adds a little trim to the finished card (the ribbon is from Wal-Mart).

I hope you will play along with us this week and definitely check out what techniques the rest of the team used in their artwork! Pretty cool stuff, I tell ya!

I'll be back tomorrow with another paper pieced card that also includes a little "letterpressing"....until then, have a creative day!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary~this is too pretty! Paper piecing is an awesome technique!

Katy said...

LOVE IT...you card and the technique (I'm not a colorer so paper piecing is the thing for me!!)!!

JazzyH said...

So cute!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow Mary, this paper is just perfect for a shower card!! Love it!

Wendy K. said...

I love the umbrella of flowers - so cute!