5/9/10

The Little Things

Happy Mother's Day!

This week at Corrosive Challenges, we are working with the following sketch:













And being that we are posting on Mother's Day, I decided to go for one more card that would be perfect for Mom:


And isn't that what Mother's Day is all about - enjoying the little things. This Mother's Day I will be enjoying:
1. My family, although that is not at all a little thing.
2. The fact that I can spend the day not helping with any homework (this semester is over - yeah!)
3. A wonderful dinner that will be prepared by the men in the family. Hopefully they take care of the dishes too!
4. A new episode of Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters - the season will be over all too soon.
5. Some time to stamp - always a time of enjoyment for me!
6. A day without rain, even if it is a bit chilly.
7. And who knows what other little blessings the day will unfold but I plan on enjoying them all!

A little run-down on my card - papers are from the Quite Contrary line from My Mind's Eye, stamps are from CTMH (flowers) and All That Scraps (sentiment). Here's a few Big Ideas to try:

* Use a piece of ribbon to create "leaves" for your stamped flowers.
* Slightly roll the outer edges of your cut out flowers to create easy dimension.
* Let your sentiment take center stage. I know I have said that before but I forget it myself and when I finally do give it a go, I love the results!

That's all for me today but I have a lot of posts coming your way this week - gonna be a creative one! Meanwhile, I hope you'll join in this week's Corrosive Challenge using our fabulous sketch! Just created, post and link on the blog. You might win a great prize package!

Until next time, have a wonderful day and enjoy the little things!

Photobucket

1 comments:

peggysue said...

Talk about bright and cheery, that is one very happy card. I really like the papers.