5/30/10

Corrosive Cooking and Contest

This week at Corrosive Challenges, our theme is cooking. Now I didn't find any stamps that really said cooking to me so instead, I made some tags for my jars of homemade strawberry preserves that I like to make and give as little gifts. So while the project doesn't say cooking, the reason for the project comes from something made in the kitchen!



I created the tag by cutting the cardstock with a Large Labels Nestie die and then punching the bottom edge with a MS border punch. Across the middle of the tag, I stamped images from the Puckered Up Patterns set from My Time Made Easy. The colors are Rasberry Fizz (PTI), New England Ivy and Cocoa (CTMH). If you look closely you can see one of the images is a little "x" - reminds me of stitching. And check out how well that pinch coordinates with that image - love!  Anyhow, the berry and "made with love" circle image are from the Fruitful stamp set from PaperTrey Ink. I mounted the whole tag into dark brown cardstock and punched the top corners to match, added a little dark green crocheted trim and twine at the top to tie around a jar of yummy preserves!

Every summer I make a variety of freezer jams to have on hand through the year. These are so easy to make anyone can do it. The key is to start with a box of Certo. You should be able to find this in any large grocery store. The directions to a variety of jams and jellies are right inside the box. For strawberry, the only other ingredients needed are sugar, lemon juice and berries. Easy peasy, I tell ya!

So why not try your hand at a cooking themed project and link it up over at Corrosive Challenges by Janet. And maybe try some homemade freezer jam this summer too. You'll be so glad you did!

Now for the contest I mentioned. I would like to send this set of 4 tags to someone - and maybe an extra treat or two, just for fun! Here's how you can be entered in the drawing:
1. Leave me a comment.
2. Add information about my giveaway to a post on your blog - just be sure you leave me a comment so I know you added a link.
3. Become a follower of my blog and again, leave that comment so I know you signed up as a follower..

I will leave the contest open until next Saturday, June 5 at midnight and then will draw a winner. Hope you'll play along!

See you tomorrow for another H2H challenge!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I love freezer jam, you're right easy peasy! I love your tags. You do beautiful work. Here is my blog
http://www.scramper.blogspot.com
Thanks.

katiesniche said...

These are great! Especially this time of the year. Very pretty.