4/5/10

Our 1st Heart2Heart Challenge!

I am so excited to be launching this new challenge blog for all Close To My Heart fans!

Today is our 1st challenge and it's a color challenge. We are working with the following colors:


(If you don't have these exact colors, just use something close).

Here's my card using the challenge colors (plus a tiny bit of Heavenly Blue):
























I used the Springtime stamp set in a couple of different ways. First, I stamped the flowery part of the boots with Sweet Leaf and then stamped the outline image of the boots in Chocolate. I watercolored a little Sunflower color onto the top edge of the boots and then added some shine to the top edge of the boots with Liquid Glass. I cut the boots out and added them to the torn "mud" created from Chocolate cardstock.

The "sun" is actually one of the umbrella images from the set stamped in Sunflower and then cut to fit the corner of the card. A second stamped umbrella was cut into sun rays and added to the card as well. If you look closely, you'll see some lightly sponged clouds and stamped raindrops to the right side of the card. The sentiment was stamped onto a piece that was die cut and added to the card with foam tape.

So that's my sample in a nutshell. What will you create for this challenge?? To see all of the DT samples, and to get the guidelines for the challenge, head over to the Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog and play along! I can't wait to see what you come up with - you might just be chosen one of our first Friday Five or win a fabulous prize package from our sponsor this week - Juli Clark!

Have fun and I will see you again soon!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Haley D. said...

So fresh and fun! I especially love the "mud" for some reason. :)

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

Who knew mud could be so cute? LOL Love it Mary- the Sun rocks!

Nalazoo said...

This looks like the scene outside our window....with all the rain lately, it's nice to see the sun! Great job!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card, Mary! It is just too fun!

The Closet Crafter said...

What a perfect card! It is so fun and fresh. I love that stamp set, even though I don't have it...yet!

Amy Pitts said...

Aww this is just super cute!

Jayma Malme said...

Very creative way to make a sun! Love your card!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a "dirty" girl playing in the mud like that! This card just oozes creativity--with the textured sun made out of the umbrella top, and paper tearing. Wish I could see the clouds and raindrops a little better, I'm sure it's better irl.

Katy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE suns right now and your's is so CUTE!!! Adorable rain boots too...one of my FAVORITE sets :0)

peggysue said...

Pretty combo with the colors, lovely fun scene! What girl doesn't like taking her pretty rainboots and squelching through the mud in the Springtime, a great excuse to get dirty!

Grace said...

Very cute! Love the paper piecing and great color combo!

Lorrinda said...

I love this stamp set! I like how you tore the chocolate paper! Cute!

Stephanie said...

congrats on the inaugural challenge, Mary!! I'll be getting my first CTMH set ever (gasp) in a week or so...can't wait to play along :)

Dell said...

Mary, this is really fantastic! The mud boots give such a springy feeling. Love it.

Unknown said...

adorable, love what you did with the colors., so need to try it ;)

JazzyH said...

How cute!