12/14/09

Tuesday Throwdown color challenge!

Sherrod Studio's Tuesday Throwdown is a color challenge this week and we hope you'll play along!

Here are the colors for the week:








I decided to work with the new set from Sherrod Studio - Down Home Blessings.





















I think this little farmer is so cute!! I did a lot of distressing on this card to give it a rustic look. The background was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and then swiped with the chamomile distressing inkpad from PTI. The band of green was punched with a MS punch and also ink distressed.

The main image was stamped with brown ink, colored with Copics to match and mounted on chocolate cardstock. There is also a lot of scissor distressing on this card - a distress fest, I'm tellin' ya! Last I added the sentiment which was cut with a Nestie die and added to the card with brown twill ribbon.

I hope you'll check out what the rest of the DT created using these colors and then you'll join in the fun! You can find all of the details at the Sherrod Studio blog. This will be the last Throwdown for this year but we'll be back in January! Hope you'll join us for more great challenges then!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Joseline said...

Hey Mary, this card came out so pretty. I love the Cuttlebug folder and the MS punch. It worked so well for this farmer

Leah said...

Super cute Mary! Love the double sided border you added, great job:)

dawnmercedes said...

ooh...why did companies keep coming out with new stuff? I love the borders with that punch. You did a great job!

Stephanie said...

So sweet! I have that cuttlebug folder...I think I need to use it more often after seeing it here :)

Kim said...

Such a pretty card! I am going to have to get that border punch.

Mary G. said...

Cute! Love this set! I really like the CB'd background! Beautifully done!