11/18/09

Winter Wonderland sneak peek

Today there will be 2 posts so be sure to visit later for the weekly MyGrafico Challenges sketch!

But for now, I have another sneak peek to bring you from Sherrod Studio.

This card features the super cute Winter Wonderland set:




















For this card, I cut a scalloped circle with my Nestabilites dies being sure not to cut one edge entirely so it stayed hinged for my card base. Then I cut a plain circle from the shiny blue paper (from Target) and one from the patterned paper (sorry, I don't know the source). I tore the DP then to create a half circle. I layered all of these parts and then stamped my cutie patootie skating penguins on another smaller circle. I wanted the image to be in blue to match the colors of the card but I didn't want blue penguins so I went over them with a dark gray Copic marker. Then to finish the card, I added silver Stickles to the ice they are skating on and tied on a silver cord to the fold.

Easy, breezy and freezy! Just the way penguins like it!

Be sure to come back later for a second post and tomorrow for the release day from Sherrod Studio. Oh and be sure to check out all of the samples the DT has whipped up for the Winter Wonderland set today. Their work is awesome! Other than blogging, I am planning a full day of housework today (with a little Target shopping thrown in for a break). Whatever you do today, hope it's a good one!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Kim said...

The penguins are so cute! I like how you used the Stickles on the ice.