11/19/09

Release Day -Sherrod Studio - Altered Notebook

First I have to apologize - I mentioned yesterday that I would have 2 posts - the 2nd one being the weekly sketch challenge for MyGrafico Challenges. Well, I messed up! I scheduled the post to pop up during the day yesterday....except I put in today's date and not yesterday's!!! So there was only one post yesterday but there WILL be 2 today so be sure to check back later for the sketch post.

Today is new stamp set release day at Sherrod Studio - woohoo!!!! I love the 2 new sets that Kim is releasing - Winter Wonderland (previewed yesterday) and Rock and Roll, a set I sneak peeked a couple of days ago and that I used on today's project:
























An altered notepad!

I kept this fairly plain as it is going in a Christmas gift to a boy in our family that is really into music. The drum set is so cool and detailed - I just love it! And there are many other images in the set including some great sentiments. But since this is a notebook, I decided to make my own sentiment from a Close To My Heart alphabet set. I thought this would be great to keep music ideas, iPod lists, and so on in for this young man - what do you think? The colorful circle printed paper is from My Mind's Eye (not sure where the green dotted paper is from) and the cardstock and ink is from Close To My Heart. I picked up the small notepad at the drugstore for under $1.00 and just made a new cover to spruce it up.

So what are you waiting for? Head on over to Sherrod Studio and check out the new sets for November!
And have a creative day!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kim said...

He's going to love it. The patterned paper is so cool.