11/28/09

OCC Challenge - for Baby

I'm back again with a second post for today (be sure to scroll down to see what else I posted earlier) -

I have another sketch challenge from Our Creative Corner to share with you - this time, I created something for baby. Here's the sketch:














Again, I veered away from Christmas with this sketch...and I think the end result is perfect!























Now first let me tell you, the quality of this photo is not the best. That's because I moved some things around in my stamp room, including my light tent and I'm having a little trouble getting the lights set up in a good position for the best photos. So I also took a close-up picture of the cloudes so you could see the images and the sparkle a little better -




















The beautiful DP is from My Mind's Eye and the cutie clouds are from Unity Stamp Co. The sentiment is from The Greeting Farm. Ink is from Close To My Heart. I stamped the clouds and cut them out, then attached white cord to them to hang them on the card and secured them in place with foam tape (1 layer for the blue cloud, 2 layers for the pink). The saying (Tiny Happiness) was then stamped on a small piece that was cut with a scalloped Nestabilities die and added to the front on foam tape, as well. All pieces were lightly sponged with a pale grey ink to dull the whiteness down so the images would match the paper better.

I think this would make a perfect baby shower or congratulations card. It's simple and sweet - just right for a little one.

Thanks for stopping by today - I am off to get a little Christmas decorating done. Not tackling the tree yet - hopefully this coming week I will get that done. But I do have a lot of other decorations to fill the house with so I guess I better get started! Enjoy your day!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Rose said...

your right it is perfect! thanks for joining us on stamps and smiles this week :0)

Stephanie said...

what a great card - love the notebook paper background :)

Anonymous said...

i think you are right, the result is just breath taking.

Thanks for playing w/ us at Stamps and Smiles.

-- dalis