11/29/09

Corrosive in red and green

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as my house slowly gets decorated for the holidays! The older I get, the longer it takes to get it all together and every year I find I have things that I look at and think "where did I have this last year?"  Does that happen to you too?

For the Corrosive Challenge this week, we were to create a red/green card so of course I turned to a traditional Christmas card:
























(Ignore the bad camera angle, please). This is a simple card that really showcases the image and that's my Big Idea for the week - keep it simple! There's no better time than the holidays to keep your life as stress free as possible and that goes for your card making too!

I stamped the image from The Cat's Pajamas onto white cardstock and colored with a few different green Copic markers. This image is nice because you really don't have any lines to "stay in" when you color, except for the birds. I highlighted the wreath with some Stickles on the berries and then cut the piece out with a scalloped circle Nestabilities die. Make a bunch of these at one time and assembly goes really quickly!

Added the image to the red base and a punched border at the bottom and it's good to go! Then a holiday message can be stamped inside or a hand written note - which is always nice to receive in a Christmas card.

No time like the present to start your holiday cards so why not join us at the Corrosive Challenge blog? Just create your red/green card and post online and then leave a link at the blog. You might just be this week's winner!

Have a wonderful Sunday and make it a creative one!

Photobucket

3 comments:

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love the simple look on Christmas cards! Very pretty, and I love those little birds sitting on the wreath.

The Mama Monkey said...

LOL Yes, it happens to me too! I try to blame it on my kids...but I think I am just to blame, really!

Love the scallop edge on the trim! Really pulls the card together!