9/6/09

Corrosive Sunday #1 and a "Big Idea"

Today starts my DT term with Corrosive Challenges by Janet and we'd love for you to play along!

Every week there will be a new challenge - sometimes it will just be a theme, other weeks it might be a sketch.... This week the theme is CATS. I was surprised to find that I don't own any cat stamps! (how sad) So I googled digital stamps - cat and look at the adorable image I found:



The image is from Whimsie Doodles found here. Isn't that the perfect cat image for the upcoming season? And digital images are so easy to work with! For under $3, I can use this image over and over and not have a stamp taking up storage space (that alone is a big benefit!)

So here's the Big Ideas for you to try from this card *(remember, every Sunday I will include some tips and ideas for you to try in your stamping)
* The DP on the top half of the card was already distressed so to make the bottom DP "match", I simply scratched it up with some sandpaper.
* Check out the polka dots on the pumpkin. These are created by dabbing the Copic colorless blender over the pumpkin, removing orange color and leaving dots. (Click the picture to see it larger - the polka dots are easier to see that way)
* The base the cat is on was cut with a Nestabilities Label 9 die but then to alter it, I cut a section from the bottom edge making a straight bottom. Sort of reminded me of a pumpkin shape that way!

So I hope you will try some Big Ideas with your stamping this week and be sure to tell me about it so I can check out YOUR artwork. And I hope to see you entering the Corrosive Challenge this week with a great CAT themed project - there's a prize up for grabs!!!

One last thing, be sure to visit the rest of the Corrosive DT to see how "catty" they were this week.

Have a creative day!

6 comments:

laos348 said...

Fabulous card! I like how you altered the nestie label too - great tips!

dawnmercedes said...

oh wow! I love how you alteredt he nestie too! wowee!

Julie Temple said...

Adorable Card! I am not a cat person ( allergy...LOL) but they are SO CUTE! Thanks for the BIG IDEA with the nestie...it is fabby!

Julie

The Mama Monkey said...

I love the nestie! I was just hoping you had posted what you did to it! I kept thinking...I have not seen that set yet! LOL

Kelli said...

Spectacular card!! I love Whimsie Doodles, I have tons of their images!

katiesniche said...

Cute card...I love kitties. I don't know if he's impressed by the spider, lol. Great layout.