7/23/08

Birthdays....

So we are celebrating family birthdays this weekend...dinner for 11 at my house, with three birthday people, one of which is my son who, unbelievable as it is to me, turns 20! This is what we call the summer birthdays as we also celebrate my mom's July birthday and my aunt's June birthday.

I enjoy getting together with the family for these occasions but boy, how they have changed over the years! We used to have a big dinner - everyone sat around and visited all day long, sometimes long enough to grab a second meal - there were presents galore....and now, everyone shows up in time to sit down, eat, open gifts and leave. Gifts are put in bags instead of wrapped with pretty paper and a bow, cards are no longer included...I could go on but, well, you kinda get the point. Call me an old fuddy-duddy but I miss the way we used to celebrate!

Anyhow, enough reminiscing - here's a little artwork I made a couple of years ago featuring my birthday boy....best wishes "little man" (and stop getting older, ok??)

Black and white layout, stamped with Close To My Heart images. The Quirky definition saying is a clear sticker, source unknown.

0 comments: