10/13/06

Cold weather and holidays...

It's cold today! Feels like winter, which makes me think of holidays. Pea challenge - my favorite Thanksgiving: I don't think I have one specific one that is a favorite but I have favorite memories of Thanksgiving.

My first is of the many years we celebrated the day with my aunt's family. That was a long time ago when all of us kids were much younger and we loved to get together and spend time with each other. It was one of the few times I got to spend time with my cousins.

The second best memory is spending Thanksgiving with my Grandma. When my dad passed away, we stopped going to my aunt's for Thanksgiving day and started going to my Grandma's instead and I loved that, mostly cause her food was sooo yummy!

And the third best memory is when I started to host the family Thanksgiving dinner. In many ways it was a sad reason that brought dinner to my house as my Grandma had passed away. But at the same time, I enjoy entertaining my family and cooking and relaxing with those I love so I am honored to have them here at my home for the day.

In honor of my Thanksgiving memory blog, here's a T-day card I created:


Thanks for sharing my memories!

2 comments:

i am jen [with1n] said...

Great card!
TFS!

Stephanie said...

Awesome card!