8/25/13

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

I missed a lot of PTI's Stamp-A-Faire yesterday but I did get a card ready for today's blog hop! The theme this month is color and sketch - this is the option I chose to work with:


I made a few "adjustments" such as a slight color variation (I used a different green than what is listed above) and I eliminated the scalloped band shown in the sketch. Here is my card:


I started with the new Mighty Oak die which I impressed rather than cut. This piece was then layered onto a Spring Moss mat. My strips at the bottom are patterned papers from Pacific Vineyard and Damask Designs. Another strip, with a sentiment from Boutique Borders: Sympathy finished off this simple sympathy card.

Enjoy hopping and checking out all of today's fabulous artwork!

 photo myname.png

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I LOVE how you impressed the Might Oak on the background-- this looks fabulous!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the impressed image - powerful impact o a terrific card!

Darnell said...

Mary, this is an awesome card! Do you mind emailing me what your sandwich was to make the die give such a great impression without cutting? It's perfect!! My email is on my profile page. Thank you!!

Marybeth said...

Mary this is just gorgeous! I love the impressed tree.

Nancy Penir said...

Your embossed tree background is just perfect. You kept it simple but full of texture. Lovely.