3/27/13

Simple Easter cards

As I was out of town last week for vacation, I didn't get any crafting time in and now, well, Easter is just a few days away so I had to hop to it today and get some cards ready for the mail! I kept it simple and production line style and finished up 4 cards quick as a bunny:


Now they may not be the most elaborate or intricate cards but they were quick and easy and right now, that's what I was going for! I cut all the card bases first and then the layers - one in color and one in white. While I was cutting, I also cut a 5/8th inch strip for each card. I embossed each white front using a Papertrey Ink impression plate and then die cut 8 eggs using a PTI die. I stamped the eggs then with ink to match the paper I was using on each card and then drew over the details on each egg with a glue pen, followed by some Prisma glitter sprinkled on. That was the most time consuming part - that and trying to clean up the excess glitter I manage to get all over every time I use it! (Some of the glitter looks weird in the photo above - I think it was the way the lights reflected off it).

Once the glittering was done, it was assembly time and 4 cards are now addressed and ready for the PO tomorrow morning!

How are your Easter plans coming?

 photo myname.png

0 comments: