1/2/13

Happy New Year plus one day

Another year. Hard to believe. It seems like it was just yesterday we were all talking about it becoming the year 2000 and now we're at 2013? Can barely wrap my brain around that. I would have popped in yesterday to wish you all a Happy New Year but we were busy celebrating this guy's birthday:


That's my handsome hubby in his new ND shirt (he's such a big fan, he has a ritual he follows before each game. And a lot of praying, too, I imagine. But it's worked in his favor this year so who am I to judge?). Anyhow, he's a New Year's baby - first boy born in the city of Toledo in 1960. That was his 5 minutes of fame.

In other news, everyone has been talking about resolutions and their "one word" for 2013. Not me. Didn't make any. Got no inspiring word for the year. I'm just going to do what I always do - wing it. That seems to work for me so why change now? I do have a couple of goals, but not what I'd call resolutions. Yes, I want to lose some weight (who doesn't?). I want to build my new business (Petite-Party Planners). I want to play more Sim3. Ok, so that's not a lofty goal but dang it, I really love that game and need to find more free time to enjoy it! Going to bed every night by 11:30 (better finish this post fast!) Oh, and of course, I plan on crafting a lot in 2013. I think this new gift-to-myself will help me there:


A Silhouette Cameo die cutting machine! I am very excited about this. I'm not sure why but I am. Hopefully I will be cutting something fabulous to share with you soon!

And with that, I am off to watch some You Tube videos on what this machine can do. And then bed. By 11:30. What are your non-resolutions for the New Year?

0 comments: