11/2/12

Halloween and other happenings

In what started out as a very uninteresting week has provided a few mention-worthy moments. Here they are, in no specific order:

1. While much of the country, and Ohio, in fact, was severely affected by Hurricane Sandy, our area saw some heavy wind and rains but nothing too intense. We are fortunate and our hearts go out to those who are still waiting for the power to be restored or the water to recede from their homes. Our thoughts and prayers to you all.

2. On a happier note, I got a new camera! I have been dabbling in photography for about a year now thanks to my pal Kathy getting me interested. Well, the credit doesn't all go to her - I've actually been interested for quite some time but it wasn't until I bought a camera from her (my first dSLR) that I really started pursuing the hobby in earnest. To the tune of now owning additional lenses, understanding aperture and now, buying my own, brand new, "big girl" camera. Here is the first picture I took with my new toy:


3. She might look like a willing photography subject but, in fact, she is far from it. About 3 seconds after this shot, she was on the move and giving me that "don't you dare take another picture of me, lady" look.

4. I am totally disillusioned regarding the intelligence of American voters. More on that subject here.

5. Halloween was rainy and cold and so we had very few trick-or-treaters. Not that we ever have very many but this year was a bit worse. However, we did have one super adorable Woodstock stop by to see us:


This is my daughter's friend Kristy's baby. He was sound asleep when they visited - Halloween wears a little guy out!

6. Speaking of Halloween, at least one of my kids still likes to dress up:


That's my daughter dressed as a candy corn (her legs were yellow).

7. I am cutting back my hours at work slightly, taking every other Monday off. Business has been pretty slow and I can only surf Facebook on company time just.so.much.

8. I am also now the Birthday coordinator at work. This means it's my job to make sure that a little celebration (with a card and dessert-y thing) is organized when one of my co-workers has a birthday. The last person to handle this important task really wasn't up to the job. And I am a party planner after all so it's a perfect fit. First celebration is this Friday.

9. Did you hear that Disney just acquired Lucasfilms and will be making a feature film Star Wars 7 in 2015? That news was HUGE in our house this week. Trust me, the SW fan that resides here (my son) has talked of little else.

10. And I think that about wraps it up for me. I'll be back soon with more things to share or check me out on Facebook. I seem to be there a lot these days.


Photobucket

0 comments: