8/26/12

When a good idea becomes a bad card

Ever have one of those moments when you picture a card in your head but it just doesn't turn out the way you envision it? Here's one of those cards:


I wanted to work with the Hexagon stamps from Papertrey Ink and I knew I wanted to go monochromatic. Now the hexagons weren't too bad (and I love the sentiment) but I was afraid it was all together too plain. So I added the ribbon corner. Nope, that didn't do it. So I added Scor-Tape around each hexagon and then glitter. Ok, now I went over-board!

But here's what I love about card-making: It's only paper and can be "round-filed" and restarted!

I peeled the layer with the images off the card base (that could be re-used) and created something I am much happier with:


First, I like the orientation of the hexagon images better in this layout. I stayed with the monochromatic look but used an ombre approach, darker at the bottom and filtering up to lightest at the top. I corner rounded one top corner and left everything else alone.

What do you think? Good changes?

See you again soon! Be sure to check out the Heart 2 Heart challenge this week - it's Back to School!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, adding the scor-tape must have been time-consuming! I do like your second card better (but then, I'm not a fan of glitter.) I struggle a bit, too, with the hexagons, on what to add to them to finish off my cards. Maybe that's why I haven't used them too much....

Camilla said...

Definitely Card two is best for my eye....Even IF i like glitter. I am waiting for my hexagon set....:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary. I love the PTI hexagons and how you went from dark to light on the second card. Very nice!

Jen Adcock said...

Love your post's title. What a sense of humour. I agree with what's been commented thus far. The second card seems to have been more to your intention. Mind you the top is also fine, but I have bad glitter stories so will always vote for without. LOL I just haven't got the knack. Well done though.

Anonymous said...

I prefer the second card. I like how the colour goes from dark to light.