4/11/12

In my prayers

This week, my card making is focusing on sympathy cards as a dear friend of my family passed away on Monday. This is one of three cards I created to send to his family members - a second card can be seen at Moments of Your Heart.


For this card, I did a partial embossing technique with the Cuttlebug (directions found here) so the background is embossed but there is a flat space for stamping. I then masked off the embossed base so I wouldn't stamp on it and added my flowers using some generational stamping. I also created a frame from 2 dies (same shape, just one is smaller than the other) and added this to my card front as well as two small hand cut butterflies, embellished with a single pearl.

Stamps from Papertrey Ink, as is the cream cardstock. Ink and blue cardstock from Close To My Heart.

Sympathy cards are obviously no one's favorite to make but I think it means a lot when you receive a card created from the heart.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Doreen said...

love this,what a gorgeous image...great layout.xxx