3/4/12

Pretty Palette 50

Today starts the Pretty Palette challenge 50 at My Time Made Easy - won't you join us?

Here is the color palette we're working with:


And my card:

The colors were inspired by the Under the Cabana digi-paper pack. I didn't use the papers this time - I stuck with cardstock colors that were close to the colors. Have you been following this blog since the time when I used to add in a BigIdea (or 2) once a week with my post? Well, I am going to try to get back to that, starting with this post.

BigIdeas are just things that I've incorporated into my card that you might want to try yourself. For example, the BigIdeas this week include:

* Stamp a pattern on your focal piece mat for interest without using pattern paper. I used the Argyle Amazement set with Versamark ink to create the pattern on the peachy/tangerine layer.

* The bee from Bee-Loved was stamped twice - once directly onto the flower and once on the daffodil cardstock. I could them cut out the bee and not worry about the tiny antennae because when I added the image over the one stamped on the flower, those parts were right where they were supposed to be! The flower and sentiment is also from the Bee-Loved set.

* The sentiment banner has a slight curve to it so it doesn't lay flat on the card front. This gives a little movement to the card and goes along perfectly with a bee in flight.

* And finally, this card is smaller than usual - 4 1/2 x 3 1/2. By keeping the card a little smaller, I can overhang some of the elements and it will still fit in a normal invitation sized envelope.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you join us this week at MTME!
Photobucket

0 comments: