2/3/12

You take the cake

This weekend, our family is getting together to celebrate the winter birthdays. We have quite a few starting with my brother on Christmas Eve through my sister in law a few days after Valentine's Day. 6 in all including my hubby, daughter and son in law! So it is just much easier to celebrate them all at one time - especially in the winter when the weather can be pretty unpredictable!

I turned to a couple of challenges to create my son in law's card, including Deconstructing Jen and Pals Paper Arts. The sketch at Deconstructing Jen got me off to a great start and the Pals challenge was to include any red in the card. Take a look -


I altered the sketch a tiny bit by adding my sentiment in the oval area rather than below it. And there is red on the card although it's certainly not the main color so that may not be the best fit for the PPA challenge - but I'm going to enter it anyhow!

Images from Impression Obsession. Paper source unknown. Thanks for popping by - I will be back Monday with a new Heart 2 Heart challenge and I have a few more cards done and ready to post next week as well. Have a creative weekend~
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card, Mary! Such a sweet image! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Jen Shults said...

Ooooh! I really like that cake! Great job on this! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's sketch!