2/9/12

More Papertrey Fun!

Today's Anniversary challenge at Papertrey Ink centered on color combos. I used Lisa's colors choices of Kraft, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss and Aqua Mist - although I added a few other colors as well.


I started with the Beautiful Blooms paper because I knew it had Pure Poppy in it. And something blue and green. OK, so it's not exactly Aqua Mist and Spring Moss but we're in the same color family, and that's not all bad, right? Then I added in a little Happy Spots paper, a little kraft cardstock and ink on the basket, and despite the photo here, that is Spring Moss ribbon tied on to the card (not sure why it looks so tan). Overall I did work in the challenge colors with a few twists of my own. And that's ok in creating! Or so I'm saying :)

Thanks for stopping by! If you like my projects, I hope you'll consider becoming a follower!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

LOL... I think it's a perfectly wonderful take on the color challenge! :) I love that paper and you did a beautiful job coloring the flowers in the basket. So pretty!

Terri Davenport said...

What a beautiful card!

Evette K. said...

This is an amazing card Mary and I love it. Kraft paper is one of my all time fav to use as my card base. The colors all go so well together and tie in completely, I think, with the challenge. Love Papertrey Ink and have purchased from them since their beginning. thanks for sharing. evette k.