2/6/12

Have a little heart with Heart 2 Heart

It's almost time for Valentine's Day so we are celebrating love at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. We want to see what you create for someone you love and then link up at the challenge blog.

Here is one of the Valentine's cards I created for one of my family members - probably my son. Just frilly enough to be Valentine-y but not over the top.


I used the December Stamp of the Month (Mad about You) from Close To My Heart and two pink inks - Cotton Candy and Blush. I stamped the "circle-ish" image along the right side creating a geometric border of sorts. I also stamped three hearts that were cut with the Cricut and added them to the card front after tying some pink floss along the front of the card also. The words were added in black so they stood out. Simple but I like the results :)

I am also entering this card in the Color Throwdown challenge where the colors are Black, White and a bright pink.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll join us at Heart 2 Heart this week!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Amy Pitts said...

I think your card is super cute. Your son should love it.

Terri Davenport said...

What a fabulous card! Love your use of the labels!

Carla said...

Beautiful card Mary!

Haley D. said...

LOVE your mod card!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Your card has a nice flow and feel. A very creative way to have motion with the label stamps! Good deal.

Lucy Kelleher said...

Love your card Mary - esp the geometric shape -- very clever!

Lucy
http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

Evette K. said...

An out of sight card Mary...just amazing how u did this one. Gotta love it. evette k.