6/27/11

Stars and Swirls

Popping in for a quick H2H post today. My computer died yesterday so I am running behind but I did get a little time to put together a simple card for this week's H2H challenge which is all about color! Barn Red, Bamboo and your choice of Blue (or similar colors) are the palette we are working with - take a look:



I embossed the swirls onto the Bamboo panel with a Cuttlebug folder then added a strip of ribbon across the center of the card. On top of the ribbon are my cut out stars, stamped with images from the Wishing Star set. A couple of rhinestones finish it off! I chose not to add a sentiment as I am not sure yet what I might use this card for - might be for the 4th and it might be a graduation party coming up. Either way, I can pop on a sentiment at the last minute and I'm good to go!

Hope you'll join us at H2H this week where our current DT are wrapping up their time with us and we will be introducing new team members through out the week!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Karen Day said...

Great card - and you're right, it's good for all kinds of occasions! It's been wonderful working with you Mary - thanks so much for the opportunity, you do such a wonderful job putting it all together. I promise not to be a stranger, and will visit the H2H blog regularly :o)

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome card, Mary!!! I may CASE it :). Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be on the H2H DT! Thanks for all your hard work, too! Look forward to playing along!

Lorrinda said...

Great texture on this card Mary! So clean yet looks way more than simple...
Big HUGS for the opportunity to work on the H2H DT for the past 6 months. Not only did I get weekly motivation, but I got to make some friends along the way.
THANK YOU so much for hosting this challenge blog each and every week for all of us...you are truly appreciated for all of your work behind the scenes. Your burnt out computer can probably attest to the many hours you put in...

Keep in touch in blogland! You may not see me playing along with H2H much for the next few weeks as we are in full blown renovation mode, but I promise to come back to play as soon as I can!

Patty said...

nice card Mary! love the stamp set.

Melanie said...

Great card. I love the row of stars, and that swirl background looks great.

Stephanie said...

Great card, Mary! Love the barn red for stars...nice twist to the traditional colors we see this time of year :)

Jessica said...

I love the embossing on this Mary. Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of H2H. I have really enjoyed it and getting to know you! Thanks again so much! I will still be stopping by your blog to check out all your great work!

Haley D. said...

Your stars absolutely dance across your card! I love it!

Melinda Everitt said...

Lovely card, Mary. I want you to know how much the experience of being on a DT has meant to me. I believe that my work has improved and my creativity has soared due to participating in these challenges and I will always be grateful for this opportunity. I am looking forward to participating in future challenges with H2H. Thank you for all that you do.