3/21/11

Sweet Baby

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is to create something with a new baby in mind. It can be a card or a gift item or whatever you can think of! Just focus on baby (and Close To My Heart products) and you're good to go!



I got a little punchy with my card and punched a number of border strips to adhere to the card front so it looked like eyelet. Then I stamped a small frame image (sorry - not from CTMH) and then the argyle image and letters from the older Felicity kit stamp set. Of course, any alphabet set would do! I cut these out, added a band of ribbon to the card front and adhered my letter blocks over the ribbon.

I hope you will join us this week and show us what you create for baby. Keep in mind that this is the last week to play along with the March challenges and be eligible to win one of two great prizes! See the challenge blog for more details. Have a great week!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Lorrinda said...

I love your border punched eyelet! Great design and texture on this card :) Fantastic!

Jessica said...

So pretty Mary, I love those scallops.

Karen Day said...

Okay, is it just me, or does this card remind you of the frilly little bloomers that a baby girl would wear under a party dress?? Once that thought got in my head, I can't see anything else - so this card makes me smile :o)

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful way to use up narrow white scraps and then create a beautiful card. I love its simplicty.

Jena said...

So creative - love what you did with the border strips - TFS!

Stephanie said...

Love the white on white - so pretty & perfect for a baby card. Definitely makes me think of eyelet :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Great card!!! Love the border strips & the "blocks" - so cute :)

Lisa Stenz said...

What a create way to use borders Mary. I LOVE the lacy look that it gives. Just darling! *Ü*

Corina said...

Hi Mary,
I really, really like this card. Definitely a lifting project!!

Melinda Everitt said...

What I see in this card are those little lace covered, I think my mother called them, rhumba pants. My daughters had them and we could put them over their diapers. They were rubberized. Brings back good memories. Love your card!