3/14/11

Home Decor - From Your Heart to Ours

One of the things I love about papercrafting and stamping is that there are so many things you can create and are not just limited to cards and scrapbook layouts. So this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges we are hosting our bi-monthly challenge called From Your Heart to Ours and we want you to share your created home decor items with us.

As yesterday was all about changing the time ahead, I decided to highlight a clock that I made using Close To My Heart products.


I started with a blank clock kit that was one of the items included in a goody box from Virtual Convention a couple of years ago. You can purchase blank do-it-yourself clock kits from a variety of places.

I started by cutting my B&T paper to fit the face of the clock and then die cut numbers to go around the face. I decided to use just the 4 "main" numbers so the clock wouldn't look too crowded. I also added a scalloped circle to the center of the clock for added interest and to break up some of the pattern.

The only embellishments I added were a clear acrylic flower with a button center. If you look carefully, you can see this near the second hand on the left side of the clock. It's important when creating this project to keep the embellishments to a minimum so the hands can move around the clock with ease.

This clock hangs in my stamp room, right over my desk, and is a reminder of all the great Virtual Conventions that I hosted over the years and all the wonderful products that can be used for so many projects!

I hope you will play along with us this week and show us what decor items you have made (or make this week) and tell us why it is special to you. Stop by the H2H blog for more inspiration from the DT and happy creating!


Photobucket

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Very cool Mary, love the colors on this. I am going to have to try a clock kit now!

Melinda Everitt said...

Love your clock! I have never made one of these, but they are now on my to do list.

Karen Day said...

This is one of my all time favourite paper packs, so I would LOVE to have this in my craft room! Such a cool idea to make a clock :o)

Corina said...

Mary! This is adorable, I think I will brave this project for my home.

Lorrinda said...

I love this! I think my craft room needs one too. With a project like this, you're guaranteed it will get looked at regularly:)

Sheila H said...

I so admire your creativity!

Debbie Carriere said...

Mary, love your clock!! You think I would have remembered the time change since I made a clock, too. Nope :)

Stephanie said...

Hi Mary,

Wanted to pop over to say hi! I've been taking a break from the blogging world, and it's so nice to be back.

Your clock turned out wonderfully! Love the paper! Might have to create one of my own :)

Lisa Stenz said...

Mary, that is so cool! I love your clock. What a creative project! *Ü*