2/8/11

Make it Monday- Go-to Sentiment card

This week, Papertrey Ink is kicking off a new challenge program called Make It Monday. Each Monday a new challenge will be issued and players are eligible to win a free stamp set. But in honor of their anniversary celebration this week, for the first Make It Monday they are giving away a $250 gift certificate! Who can pass up trying out for that?? Not me!

So this week's challenge was presented by the talented Erin Lincoln and it's called a Go-to Sentiment card. You can check out the video at {capture the moment} for complete details - basically, this card uses a collection of sentiment images to create an interesting focal area of sorts.

So I grabbed all the stamps I could find that says something close to "thinking of you" and here is the card I came up with:



Isn't that a fun look? If you look closely at the sentiment area, I also added a tree stamped in Versamark - here's a close-up:


I included three little birds for a tiny pop of color on my black, gray (soft stone cardstock) and white card and let my trees image over-hang the top edge of the card to add interest. This was a fun card to make and I planning on creating another one tomorrow - this time, birthday themed. Until then, be sure to check out the celebrations going on at PTI!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Doreen said...

Ooh this is stunning.xxx

Haley D. said...

Your card is beautiful!!! I love the red bird in the sentiment section, and then when I saw the close up with the Versamark tree, it just took my breath away. Really amazing card!

Christine said...

I love this!