1/23/11

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

The challenge this week at Corrosive Challenges is to recycle something and use in your artwork. I have been on a mission to get caught up on some scrapbooking so I incorporated the challenge is a layout:


These are photos from a summer birthday celebration that included my Mom, Aunt and son's birthdays. I worked with DP that included colors from the layout - lots of blues and a little red. The layout design is from the Imagine publication from Close To My Heart (love these "blueprints"!) And my recycled item? Take a closer look at the flowers at the top of the page:


The flowers were die cut from magazine pages! I wanted something with a little design to add some more texture and interest to the page but I didn't seem to have another DP that blended well so I went through an old magazine that was sitting nearby that needed to be recycled and found a couple of pages that had similar colors to my layout. As a matter of fact, the pictures these were cut from are a combination of Halloween pumpkins (sprayed white with gold) and a blue decorated Christmas tree! Added a couple of buttons and I got me some embellishments for next to nothing!

I hope you wil try adding something recycled to your artwork this week. Then come link up over at Corrosive so we can see what you reused! Have a creative week and I will see you again soon!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

Great layout! I like those recycled magazine flowers.

Michelle said...

A great idea! Nice way to recyle...pretty layout :)