11/7/10

Black and Blue a la Mode

It's a color challenge this week at Corrosive where we are challenging you to use Black and Blue. I paired up a delightful image from the A la Mode collection at My Favorite Things with this week's Mojo Monday sketch and created this cutie, in black and blue:


With all the germs starting to float around the office (Hi, Kathy - hope you're feeling better!), I am sure this card will come in handy! I colored the image with my trusty Copic markers and then cut it with the Labels 14 Nestabilities die. The sentiment piece at the top was also cut with Labels 14 by cutting one edge and then flipping the die around to cut the other edge. I know that may not make much sense but it's hard to explain. Maybe another video in the works? I also paper pieced the band around the cups using some of the background paper.

Here is the sketch from Mojo that I used - and there is still time to play along!













We have a great new sponsor at Corrosive for the month of November - Shirley's 2 Girls! So head over to the Corrosive Challenges blog, see what the rest of the DT created in black and blue and then play along. There's an awesome prize package to be given away to one lucky player!

Hope you enjoyed today's card and I will be back tomorrow with more to share. Meanwhile, you can check out my week in retrospect post over at Ridiculous Lab. See you soon!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Cuuute! I love how you used the die to make the label as well. Great idea!

Kathy J. said...

Can't believe I missed this post while I was sick. I am feeling better now...won't spread any more germs!! Cute card! I love that stamp (it might have something to do with my Starbuck addiction...) :)

Amy Kolling said...

Mary, when I first saw your card I thought it was just the cutest but then I looked at the top sentiment panel and thought, "Is that a new die I must have?" Then I read your tip on making that cool shape! I'm going to try that with some of my dies! Thanks!