10/25/10

Halloween Silhouette

I have another Halloween card to share with you today - this one created for the Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog.

I think I am just about done with all my Halloween cards and projects. Good thing since it's now less than a week away!

This week's challenge at H2H is to create a Halloween project, or if you don't celebrate Halloween, use a pumpkin or two in a project. Here is my card:


I love this new stamp set, Captured Moments, because the 3 main stamps in the set cover Autumn (falling leaves), Halloween and Winter. So a lot of versatility in one set and you'll definitely be seeing it from me again!

I stamped the image on cream cardstock and punched a circle from a piece of the scraps that I temporarily adhered at the top edge and then sponged around in order to create the glowing sky. The ink I used was Creme Brulee. There was more heavy sponging right around the circle in order to enhance the area and make it look more like the glow from the moon that diffuses the further it travels outward. The rest of the card is simply matting - no additional embellishments required which works great for me since this one is going in the mail!

So we would love to see what spooktacular artwork you have up your sleeve for this challenge! Head over to H2H for all the details and join in the fun!

I'll be back soon with another card - this time for the PTI blog hop! Stay tuned!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

Your card is hauntingly beautiful!

Lorrinda said...

Love this! I haven't used this stamp yet, now I have some inspiration. TFS!