8/15/10

Faux techniques at Corrosive

At the Corrosive Challenge blog this week, we are focusing on faux techniques. My sample includes one of the easiest (and one of my favorites) - faux stitching.


I like breaking out the sewing machine for real stitching on my cards but sometimes, faux stitching works out even better! As in this case, where I wanted the stitching to be around the Nestabilities shape - no way would I get that looking even using a machine. So I grabbed a fine tip Sharpie marker and, keeping the die in place, I drew the stitched lines around my image. Easy peasy! I also added rick rack die cut from felt so I guess you could call that faux rick rack too :)  The flower was topped with 2 buttons to mimic the flowers on the DP and the "baby" piece was punched out and added to the card front with foam tape. The image, from Close To My Heart, was colored with Copic markers and "textured" with the Copic colorless blender. I think I could almost call that faux wool...lol.

Ok enough of the faux talk - let's get real! We want to see what you can create using a faux technique. Check out what the rest of the team made at the Corrosive blog and then show us what you can do! There's prizes up for grabs this month and a chance to be a guest DT member so we would love to have you play along!

I'll be back from vacation later today and will have more goodies to show you soon! Until next time, have a creative day!

Photobucket

0 comments: