8/30/10

Fancy Folds

Have you ever wanted to create a card that isn't just the run-of-the-mill standard size, fold on the left sort of card? Well this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we are working with including fancy folds on our cards and other projects.

I didn't go too far out with this concept, but created a gatefold card, which is, for me, a nice break from the ordinary standard card. Here is the card all wrapped up with its belly band closure:



And here is what it looks like right before opening:


Here's some basics on how this card came together. I started with a piece of cardstock that measured 11 x 5 1/2. Along the 11" length, I scored at 2 3/4 from each end (so at 2 3/4 and at 8 1/4). I then cut 2 pieces of cardstock (the Honey color) into 2 3/4 x 5 1/2 sections and adhered to my front panels. Then the white sections that my images are on are 2 1/2 x 5 1/4. I stamped my flowers across these panels and adhered them to the card front. The images were inked and then lightly misted with water before I stamped them for a watercolor-y look. On top of the image sections I also added a piece of vellum - just to soften the whole look. Then I made the band to wrap around the card and tied it all in a pretty piece of white satin ribbon.

I hope you will check out what the rest of the team created with their fancy fold challenge and then play along. Just be sure to leave us a link at the challenge blog so we can see what you created!

I will be back later this evening with a surprise blog hop - I hope you'll stop back then!
Photobucket

0 comments: