8/1/10

Corrosive - Baby Style

This week over at the Corrosive Challenge blog we are creating things for baby - cards, layouts, gifts - anything you can think of that makes you think of a sweet smelling baby. Don't they always smell so good? Ok well maybe not always but you know what I mean!

And as today is the 1st of August - I have two announcements - first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful son, Jacob!! And 2nd, today starts the 1st day of my term as guest Design Team member at Shirley's 2 Girls! I am so excited to be working with them and wait till you see the goodies I have to share with you through the month! Watch for my first official post this coming Thursday!

To kick off my time with S2G, I am using one of their digi images for today's baby card - take a look:



The papers are from Chloe's Closet and Papertrey Ink. The image was colored with Copics (of course) and here's a couple of Big Ideas to share with you -

* To create a different element on your card, try adding pleated paper. Now on this one I didn't quite pleat but instead accordion folded the paper and adhered it to the card front just at the left and right ends. The folds create quite a bit of dimension so the image is adhered to the card front with a few pieces of foam tape stacked on top one another. It is also adhered to the card front only at the top of the image, not at the bottom, so as not to squish the folds.

* Cut a small slit in the spine or fold of the card and slide ribbon through and tie in front over the folds for a finished and decorative look.

I hope you will join us this week and create something sweet for baby. Then leave a link at the Corrosive blog so we can see what you created. You might just win the prize package for August!

I will be back tomorrow with another new challenge from Heart 2 Heart Challenges and artwork from the new DT members - it's gonna be fun! Until then, have a creative day!


Photobucket

0 comments: