6/6/10

Die-cuts with Corrosive

I'm going to keep this short and sweet cause the weather is not good right now while I am trying to get this post ready for Sunday's Corrosive Challenge and I might have to take cover. Yikes!

This week the challenge at Corrosive is to add a die-cut of some type to your artwork. Here's my sample:


Now you can use a Cricut die cut, or a Nestabilities die cut...the choice is yours. For my card, I used a die cut dimensional sticker from Basic Grey that matches their beautiful Capella papers. How about a couple of Big Ideas to go along with this week's card?

* The lacey trim that is horizontal across the card is a vintage piece of trim that my mom had in her sewing stash. I can't even tell you how long she has had this but it may very well be close to 20+ years! It has a varigated ribbon that runs through it that ranges from a peachy-pink color to cream to pale blue, and to age it a little more, I inked the edges with a light tan ink.
* The bow was created from a piece of white satin ribbon that I colored with 2 pale Copic markers to match. Just drag along the edge of the ribbon a couple of times to add color.
* To scrunch the ribbon, I added a strip of double stick tape to the back side of the tails and the pinch here and there to crinkle and then stick to the card front so these tails stay in one place.

Ok that is all for me - the tornado sirens just went off. I am going to schedule this to post tomorrow morning and I am sure by then, all will be much calmer. Be sure you pop over to the Corrosive Challenge blog and see what else the team created and then join in the fun! Until next time -

Photobucket

0 comments: